Welcome to the Gateway Camera Club
Our goals are to share ideas, knowledge, and insight;
to help improve the skills and abilities of our members; and to have
some fun while enjoying photography.
We recognize photography is changing, growing and with
ever-emerging technologies, more exciting than ever! Gateway was one
of the first local camera clubs to embrace digital photography and, as a
result, we have some very knowledgeable digital photographers. Many
award-winning members of Gateway Camera Club honed their talents and
abilities through the mentoring they found at Gateway.
Our club is very active and we meet on most Tuesdays from September to
June from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Want to compete, learn and share? Check
out our exciting schedule. Visitors and new members are always welcome.
Just stop in and introduce yourself. We hope you'll soon find an aspect
of Gateway that fits your interests. Please browse our website, learn
more about what we do, and enjoy. And remember, enthusiasm is catchy.
Come and catch some! Our Membership Information Page provides details on our club along with a link to our membership application.
The Slideshow to the right features images from our member's galleries - this week is the gallery of Peter Hrul
- October Competition Deadline - Sunday October 2nd at 11:59PM
- Education Night - Tuesday October 4th - Photoshop Essentials presented by Kent Messamore.
Kent will show the similarity between Lightroom basic, Photoshop (Adobe Camera Raw), and Photoshop Elements (ACR), make sure that the audience under the difference between JPEG and RAW formats. and then walk through basic adjustments using ACR live. Kent will also cover Histogram & Setting the Black/White Point,·Brightness/Levels/Curves, Layer Concepts, Layers, Layer Blend Modes, Layer Masks, Layer Styles, Replacing the Background demonstration and Sharpening.
- Competition Night - Tuesday October 11th - Judge Jurgen Lobert
Ongoing Events and Field Trips
- Topsfield Fair - September 30th - Check out the Field Trip page for information.
- Columbus Day Weekend in the White Mountains - Oct 7th to Oct 10th - Check out the Field Trip page for information.
Deadline extended to September 27th!
- Adventure Photography SIG - Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary - October 15th - Check out the Field Trip page for information and to signup.
- Wellesley Free Library - Equine portraits by Judy Brown are presently on display in the Lobby through the end of September.
- Framingham Library - Gateway members will be exhibiting their photographs in the main foyer at the main branch. Show runs Sept 1st to Sept 30th.
Sponsored by Join Our Facebook Group
Copyright Notice: Copyright © Gateway Camera Club, Framingham, MA, 2016 -- All rights reserved. All included content copyright the original creator.